Seeking a savvy junior executive to join a busy boutique documentary production company with features, series, and short-form projects in the pipeline. This is a full-time job and growth opportunity ideal for someone interested in a career in creative producing.
The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of the film industry landscape and key players, strong research and writing skills, and proficiency in building visual decks. Experience with sourcing and clearing documentary archival material a plus. Minimum of 2 years entertainment or journalism experience preferred. Must work out of production company's LA office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pitching and researching topics for development into documentaries, providing verbal and written reports/summaries
- Writing and editing treatments, pitch materials, and look books
- Researching rights and contact information
- Assisting with documentary casting, including identifying and preparing research briefs on interviewees
- Sourcing archival footage and other materials, ensuring proper releases are obtained
- Logistical research as directed
PLEASE APPLY VIA PRODUCTION BEAST ONLY. THOSE WHO CALL OR EMAIL OUTSIDE OF PRODUCTION BEAST INTERFACE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.