Position: Video Editor
Location: Rock Island, IL (Augustana College)
Estimate Duration: 8 weeks +
Pay: Day rate or monthly rate to be discussed with level of experience
Dreaming Tree/Fresh Films is a non-profit Quad Cities based film production company that creates feature films, TV shows and corporate commercial work - all while mentoring and empowering youth on-set. Recent productions include Emmy nominated kids TV show "Detectives Club" starring Tim Kazurinsky, "The Stream" starring Rainn Wilson, and "Traveling Without Moving" starring Steve Guttenberg. Our shows and films have released in Regal Theatres, on TV, VOD, digitally and internationally with all proceeds benefiting charity to support more youth programming and school/teacher grants. See more at the website fresh-films.com.
We have an immediate need for an experienced, resourceful, and creative editor.
We’re looking for someone to come in 3-5 days a week for 8 weeks (starting March 13th, 2017) to our office and work on multiple TV and other projects.
Our editor should be a creative individual, who is excited about our platform and will be able to work with our team on an array of projects. Projects will include finish editing of up to 8 additional episodes of "Detectives Club" (with credit as editor/finish editor on episodes and IMDB). We also have some limited corporate projects, commercials and sizzle reels. Editor is expected to meet deadlines and have a willingness to be flexible when new and potentially last minute material comes in.
• 2 - 4+ years of editing experience preferably with faster paced editing & graphics
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere or FCP
• Experience with DAVINCI, and After Effects a plus.
• Strong aptitude with graphics (Detectives Club has many fly-in and other fun graphics within each episode)
• Creative storyteller that can also take direction and manage deadlines
• Detail oriented, meticulous, and organized
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Able to articulate creative and strategic recommendation
• Ability to cope with change, and be willing to learn things that are unfamiliar
Please include resume/CVs and links to portfolios and apply through the form on this page.