Detour, a SF/LA based tech start-up that produces high-quality location-based travel stories, is looking for Writer/Producers with strong writing skills to join our content team. The producer will be responsible for developing and writing experiential/audio tours In Boston.
Detour’s audio experiences are aimed at hip travelers who are looking to explore the hidden gems and unknown stories in cities around the world. Our users love “This American Life,” Vice, and HBO. We are NOT a travel guide with facts. Detour’s immersive experiences have strong narrative arcs, cinematic scoring, and make the locations characters in the stories.
Writer/Producers will be responsible for:
- Developing, researching, and pitching story ideas and narrators for Boston.
- Working with local researchers/fixers to develop and produce the tours using Detour’s Descript platform.
- Writing scripts and producing both field interviews and studio-recorded narration of the scripts.
- Supervising Post Production of tours, including working with Sound Designers and Composers, addressing notes from Executive Producers.
- Helping to execute all releases and contracts needed for the tour production.
- Working with our LA Production Manager to ensure that tours are delivered on time and on budget.
- Minimum 3+ years in entertainment or news (TV, film, documentary, broadcast/cable news) or other relevant creative field with a strong focus on storytelling and writing.
- Ability to produce/direct talent and execute scripts in post.
- Strong communication skills and comfort with talking to a wide range of people from all walks of life.
- Ability to work well as an autonomous producer and meet deadlines.
- Tech-savvy and interest in new platforms for production.
- Passion for travel and exploring new stories about places.
- Start date ASAP through May, 2017.
- Job is based in Boston.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Please include resume, 2 professional writing samples, and references and apply through the form on this page. Please make sure to include where you found this posting in your email.
IN ADDITION, please take a moment to complete the below writing prompt as part of your application:
Tell us the story of a moment in your life that made a big impact on you, and the place where it happened. How did being in that place, at that moment, affect you or inform what happened? Be sure to paint a visual picture of the place and the moment.