Aspen Colorado based Event Production Company seeks an experienced Lighting Designer for a year round full time leadership position.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Create décor designs for corporate events, weddings and high end private parties
• Design, program and operate lighting systems from simple to highly sophisticated
• Interface with full and part time lighting personnel, clients and vendors
• Operate in Stage/Theatrical/Corporate & Private settings
• Supervise load in through load out of crews of up to 12
• Shop management & organization
• Creating plots and renderings
• Build/troubleshoot & repair systems and equipment, Create logs and update
• Corporate friendly / well groomed / drug free workplace
Have a minimum of 4 years prior lighting experience. Have a working knowledge of conventional / automated consoles and fixtures. Experience with Chamsys Magic Q, WYSIWYG is highly valued. Ability to produce creative lighting designs and integrate into a wide variety of environments. Experience with rigging equipment and practices including but not limited to chain motors, box truss, flown and ground supported structures. Have a solid knowledge of power distribution from shore or generator. Have ability to drive up to 26 ft box trucks.
Positive attitude and willingness to operate in a team player environment are required. Applicant must have strong communication / interpersonal & leadership skills. Excellent time management, organizational and logistical skills are essential. Has to be able to deal directly with clients and present in a professional manner. Must be able to work with and maintain budgets. A good driving record is required.