Emmy Award winning Production Company is seeking an extraordinary Production Accountant to support Producers in maintaining project budgets.
• Creation of weekly Cost Reports for Producers and Department Heads
• Work closely with production executives and producers during the production budgeting phase, prior to green light
• Process and file purchase orders
• Coordinate and manage the use of established templates.
• Review cash flow schedules prior to studio approval.
• Work closely with Producers to ensure production legal requirements and commitments are being met.
• Closely monitor financial data and escalate areas of concern to supervisor to ensure swift financial decision-making.
• Assist in improving the production finance policies and procedures manual.
• Reconcile funding to cash actuals and resolve variances before sign-off.
• Keep track of outstanding deposits to be returned and status of tax incentives.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Producers and Executives
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Film Studies.
• Must have previous experience in production accounting for feature films or television.
• Experience with show accounting for television series a plus.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of payroll processing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment
• Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and financial skills.