WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a creative thought-leader responsible for delivering a variety of short form video content across all of America’s Test Kitchen’s digital and social video platforms.
***This is a full-time staff position based in Boston, MA ***
This position works under the direction of the Executive Producer, Television and Video and collaborates with the department's Video Team on a wide array of video projects.
The Director/Producer/Shooter conceives, writes, post-produces and sometimes shoots original video concepts. This is a true right brain / left brain position for a passionate creative who brings ideas to the table and also has the production management chops to execute their vision.
Please include a link to reels of your work (a small edited video sampler) along with resume and cover letter.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Ideate, write and oversee all aspects of execution of designated video shoots.
• Contribute to the development and drive styleguiding of new video series.
• Elevate style, efficiency, process and workflows of existing series.
• Manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Prepare shoots: Develop concepts, write scripts/beatsheets/shot lists/shoot skeds and oversee all logistics.
• Direct and Produce shoots.
• Shoot designated videos.
• Post Produce video projects including papercuts and cut notes.
• Work with internal teams to ensure video content is in line with ATK’s brand objectives, represents brand voice/ethos and can be executed within budget.
• Manage, groom and support designated members of Video team.
• Guide and direct freelancers on how to work within our brand.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
• Proficient producing skills.
• Strong shooting skills in a variety of styles.
• Lighting capabilities a major plus.
• Super organization and love for building org systems.
• Demonstrated passion for storytelling, and desire to help us tell great ones.
• Prior background producing food shoots, background as a Culinary Producer is highly desired.
• Aptitute for creating food shoots. Your beauty shot reel will make us hungry.
• Cool head while managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Understanding of how to work within an established brand and find ways to fortify the brand while raising it.
• Expert understanding of lighting, particularly how to light food.
• You bring high production value ideas to the table.
• Knowledge of post work flow.
• Experience directing explainer animation.
• Performance Coaching: ability to work closely with a range of seasoned and green on camera talent to honing and improve their performance skills.
• Ability to partner with creative and business leaders throughout the organization to meet wide variety of business objectives.
• Quality control: Accuracy and precision is everything with our brand. You coordinate with appropriate internal parties to make sure content details are meticulously on point.
• You’re an idea person with development experience, who has taken projects from conception through completion and overseen all components of the contributing team.
• Versatility: You know how to run supporting players but can fulfill all creative needs as a one-person-band.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• 7+ years experience at Producer level or higher.
• Styleguiding experience.
• Culinary video experience.
• Reel available for writing/directing of multiple digital platforms and formats.
• Proven ability to rapidly execute and come in on time and on budget.
• Track record of strong leadership and problem-solving ability
• Passion for the new media landscape.
ABOUT AMERICA’S TEST KITCHEN
America’s Test Kitchen is a real place: a no-nonsense, fully equipped test kitchen located in Brookline, Massachusetts where a team of highly qualified test cooks and editors perform thousands of tests every year. The goal? To develop the best recipes and cooking techniques, recommend the best cookware and equipment, and rate brand-name pantry staples for home cooks, which are published in our two magazines, Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country, in our growing line of cookbooks and special interest magazines, and on our websites, as well as featured on our public television series, America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Country from America’s Test Kitchen. We are devoted to a collegial approach to cooking—teams of editors, writers, and cooks engage in side-by- side comparisons, blind taste tests, and rigorous equipment tests to determine which is the best way to roast a chicken, which pans work and which ones don’t, which brand of ketchup tastes best, and so on. Our publications contain no advertising. We are a private company with no affiliations with large publishers, cookware manufacturers, or food purveyors, which means that our content is unbiased and objective.