Omnifilm is seeking a talented development producer to assist our factual team with developing and creating new unscripted projects and pitches. The candidate must have experience in either factual development, factual production or journalism and be a strong researcher and writer. Proficiency at initiating and developing concepts for new, unscripted series tailored to the needs of targeted broadcasters and OTT platforms is key. The producer must be confident approaching and securing potential documentary subjects and talent, as well as negotiating access to unique worlds. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who works well without supervision and has a passion for seeing their factual ideas come to life.
• Generating ideas for original unscripted series with international appeal
• Building relationships and gaining access to fascinating worlds, including businesses and government agencies
• Writing one-sheets and treatments
• Directing and producing demos
• In-depth knowledge of international broadcasters and the unscripted commissioning process
• Shooting and editing skills (AVID, Premiere)
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
This position is a full-time, three-month contract.
Address cover letters to David Gullason, Head of Factual, and mention areas and genres of interest in factual TV. Examples of written pitches and demos are an asset, but not required.
Send resumes to: david [at] omnifilm.com, and cc factual [at] omnifilm.com.
Application deadline: May 26, 2017